Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Get To Know Me!

My name is Jordan. I am a young makeup artist with an unhealthy coffee addiction, sarcastic tendencies, and a love for all things lace and/or beauty related.





Want to contact me for a professional inquiry or just to say hey? Email me at jordanmichellemua@gmail.com
I cant wait to hear from you!!!

GRAB MY BUTTON!

Lashes Lace and Lipstick
a href="http://lasheslaceandlipstick.blogspot.com " target="_blank">img src="http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/jordanmweldon/lashes-lace-and-lipstick-ad_zpsa513d3b5.jpg?t=1403790507" alt="Lashes Lace and Lipstick" width="185" height="185" />

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

5 Beauty Tips For When Your Skin is in a Hormonal Blender

Hey Ya'll!

To say that my skin has completely changed since my pregnancy began would be an understatement. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I've always had pretty great skin (even as a teenager). Sure I have experienced the occasional breakout from hormones but very rarely and they never lasted long. I have also had really great tolerance to different skincare products and makeup. Now that I am in my 4th month of pregnancy, everything has changed. I mean, I even have blackheads on my boobs now...like WTF?

Over the past few weeks I have researched and tried some things personally that have really gotten my skin to tone its cray cray down a tad bit. I am also going to be trying the Oil Cleansing Method again which worked for me a few years back to see if that will help as well (I will be doing another post on that). I can no longer use regular skin care products and I rarely wear makeup now because of how bad my skin gets afterwards.

These tips are great for not only pregnant women like myself, but will also help just about anyone with hormonal skin issues.



Drink Water - This is kind of a given but most people don't associate it with skincare. Dehydration can actually be a cause of acute acne breakouts. Our skin is constantly eliminating water and toxins from inside the body and when our bodies are not hydrated enough, our skin loses moisture and there is less circulation to the skin to provide essential nutrients which in turn leaves the bad stuff there to just sit, fester, and cause breakouts.

Healthy Eating - What you put in your body plays a huge role in your skin. What goes in must come out and when your body ingests crappy food, your skin will be excreting all of those toxins. Thus, cause some pretty nasty breakouts. Also, avoid anything processed, sugars, white flours, and hydrogenated fats.

Sleep - Not only is being sleepy pretty depressing but it also makes our skin look less than perfect. Beyond the puffy eyes and sallow skin, lack of sleep can lead to a break down of skin collagen due to excess amounts of cortisol (stress hormone our bodies release). Our tissues also repair themselves during the times we sleep. Breakouts are a lot more difficult when our skin can't repair itself.

Green Tea - Green Tea is great for you skin topically and by drinking it! I personally dislike drinking green tea because it is so nasty but I can definitely handle it topically. Studies have shown that applying green tea topically can reduce sebum production by 50%, reduce acne caused inflammation, and help prevent hormonal imbalances. Drinking green tea also helps fight hormonal acne, reduces insulin levels (which means the skin produces less sebum), and is just overall good for your body.

Coconut Oil - Saving the best for last, coconut oil is my favorite!!! I love this stuff. Coconut oil has so many amazing benefits to name but as far as skincare, you can't go wrong with it. It improves the overall health and appearance of the skin, reduces the risk of microbial infections that can cause breakouts, helps replace the acid mantle layer of the skin which protects from acne, and also reduces skin inflammation. I take a tiny bit of unrefined organic coconut oil and let it melt in my hand with my body heat and apply it to my skin at night before bed.



What are some of your favorite tips to keeping hormonal skin at bay? Let me know in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10