Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Lashes, Lace, and Lipstick

Get To Know Me!

My name is Jordan. I am a young makeup artist with an unhealthy coffee addiction, sarcastic tendencies, and a love for all things lace and/or beauty related.





Want to contact me for a professional inquiry or just to say hey? Email me at jordanmichellemua@gmail.com
I cant wait to hear from you!!!

GRAB MY BUTTON!

Lashes Lace and Lipstick
a href="http://lasheslaceandlipstick.blogspot.com " target="_blank">img src="http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/jordanmweldon/lashes-lace-and-lipstick-ad_zpsa513d3b5.jpg?t=1403790507" alt="Lashes Lace and Lipstick" width="185" height="185" />

Thursday, July 17, 2014

5 Favorite Makeup Products! + Total Social


Hey There!

So I really wanted to do a post about some of my all time favorite makeup products and today also just happened to be Helene and Sarah's (from Helene In Between and Venus Trapped In Mars) monthly #TotalSocial linkup. I loved doing it last month and I really wanted to do it this month as well. This month's theme is Favorites! It pretty much worked out perfectly for me! Here are my 5 all time favorite makeup products and why. I hope you enjoy!





5. Nyx Butter Gloss in Tiramisu - This gloss is my perfect "my lips but better" shade. It just looks so nice and natural and goes well during the day or evening. Its a better alternative to a nude lip for me and I always get compliments when I wear it. I also love the formula of it. I hate uber sticky lipglosses, they drive me nuts and this formula is super smooth and not very sticky at all. I've been wearing this gloss consistently over the past year and it has become a holy grail product of mine.


4. Wet n Wild single eyeshadow in Nutty - I discovered this eyeshadow about 4 years ago and it was love at first blend. I am a lover of taupe shadows and this is seriously my favorite taupe-y shadow of all time. It has such a pretty cool toned finish and really makes my eyes pop. Its not too dark so even the palest of pale (like myself) can rock it without looking ridiculous. It is also a really good dupe for Mac's Satin Taupe. Honorable mention to WnW's Brulee because paired with Nutty, you've got yourself a super cheap/amazing combo. My drugstores never have Nutty in stock and it makes me so sad. Whenever I find it, its like finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow...I may or may not do a little jig as well :)

3. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - Okay so who doesn't love this palette? I mean really? How can you beat 6 eyeshadows (1 shimmer and 5 matte) that are neutral, go with any skintone/undertone, have AH-MAZING color payoff, and are super blendable? You can't, just sayin. I have this palette in my makeup bag at all times and I even purchased a second one for my bridal makeup kit about 6 months ago. It is perfect.


2. ELF's Candid Coral Blush - Being of pale skin with a tendency to get kind of pink in the face, I tend to lean towards more peachy blushes instead of just plain pinks. I get red/pink in the face super easily and pink blushes really just makes it more noticeable. Peachy-er (yes I just made up my own word) blushes still give color to my face without looking like I'm super flushed. The Candid Coral blush from Elf is my favorite. It just looks so pretty and at $3 its a must buy!

1. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - Last but not least, my FAVORITE, I WOULD MARRY IT IF THAT WASN'T WEIRD, foundation. I am a sucker for all things Chanel. Let me see a Chanel counter and its over and done with. Where do I start with why I love this foundation? First of all, its a water based foundation so it is lightweight and holds up really well against oil production and sweat. It's scent is so lovely and not obnoxious at all. Unlike any other foundations I use or have tried, I actually prefer to apply this foundation with my fingers...I'm serious ya'll. It is a medium coverage foundation that looks like a new perfect layer of skin when applied. Yes, it is a little pricey but so very worth it I promise!

Welp, those are my top 5 all time favorite makeup products. What are yours??? Ohh and be sure to link up for Total Social all across social media and share your favorite things using #FavTotalSocial 
:)

P.S. I found this little gem and figured I would also throw in a little throwback thursday action. I posted this on my instagram as well. #tbt to when I was 17, had the 1st of the only 2 tans I've ever had, never filled in my eyebrows, and rode around Wal-Mart in shopping carts. Oh the memories! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10